Saturday, April 19, 2008

DBacks Game!


HEEEELLLLOOOOOOOO LAAA LAAA LAAA
(For all you Seinfeld fans...that's for you)

Hi ALL....It's Megan. Richard has been bugging me to create a post in our blog so here I am...I promise it will be shorter than the last post and maybe not quite as intense (love you baby)
So last night we were very fortunate to be invited to the D-backs vs. Padres game at Chase Field by Mike and Ashley. First off, I'm new to AZ, as most everyone knows, so this trip was my first time to downtown Phoenix, Chase Field, and seeing the D-Backs. First impression=WOW.

To start off, we left for the game at 5:30 and we made it there by 6:00. I'm still amazed that you can drive places in this town without having to leave 1-2 hours ahead of time. Being from Los Angeles, you hit traffic no matter what time it is day OR night so this is one perk to AZ that I am falling in love with. So after taking a little detour down Van Buren street (kidding) we pulled into this hidden VIP Valet parking right next to the team buses. OMG....I felt like a celebrity or something. I even had my own paparazzi (aka...Richard taking tons of pics with his digi...hehe) So we basically had to walk 50 feet and we are already inside the lower level of the park. Of course, we go and check out our seats first and I think I fell a little behind because I was amazed on how huge, clean, and nice the place was. We then find Aisle K and start walking down the stairs to our seats and I swear we just got closer and closer and all I could think is any farther and we are going to be on the field. The seats were UNBELIEVABLE!!! I don't think I could ever thank Ashley enough for the incredible seats that were perfectly situated just a little to the left of home plate.

So, no joke the first thing I do is sit down in awe and yell out "holy moly....there is seat cushions....no way" At that very moment, being a pretty huge dodger fan the only thing that popped in my head was all the differences of Chase Field vs. Dodger Stadium so I made a little list:

Perks of Chase Field vs. Dodger Stadium
-They have seat cushions
-You technically don't have to get up all game because they have a waitress that comes to you
-It air-conditioned and has a retractable roof
-Their team store in unbelievable
-You can actually walk down the aisle without sticking your butt in people's face

So, we spent the rest of the game cheering endlessly for the D-Backs which was so easy since they absolutely killed the padres. I'd have to say the highlight of the game though was when Hudson had a chance to hit for the cycle (a single, double, triple, and home run in the same game). It was the 6th or 7th inning and all he needed was a double... He smacks it out to center field along the fence....Padres misses the catch (of course) and Hudson takes off running....keep in mind...all he needs is a double...so he goes to first....then second....we are all yelling "stop stop stop" and he kept going scoring a triple. AHHHHHH.....why didn't he stop??? Cause he's an awesome team player.

Anyway, the D-backs are pretty much awesome this year. Can't say the same for the dodgers...although my loyalty will always be with them (Go Russel Martin #55...Woot) it was great to experience the D-backs at such a great time in their season. Pretty unbelievable their record this year. Needless to say, we had such an awesome time!
So this blog is becoming a little too long...so I'm going to go for now. If you wanna check out the paparrazi's pics check out our website: RichardandMegan.com under D-Back Album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice "short" entry. heehee. Hey, for the record, it was not Hudson, it was Connor Jackson and the cycle. I know you are getting to know the Dbacks...they are all good. I am jealous you got such good seats at a DBacks game But, remember those good season seats we used to have a the Dodger games. Sniff...good ol' days. Jenny

Case said...

yah! Glad you liked it! But is this post just to smooth over the edges from Ricard's Spurs love? ha
Just Kidding! I'm glad you two have a blog now.